Whew, after Barbara I did little Miss Rhiannon. This doily came out to just 5 inches, picot to picot. I actually did two of them in one day. For the first one, I used the 1.25mm hook I’ve been using, and the doily looked a little tight and sort of curled up. Blocking would probably fix it, but Evan wanted a little doily for himself, so I gave him this littlest version.
Then I re-did Rhiannon using a 1.5mm hook. I like it much better. It is a little looser, a little bigger, and much flatter. In my mandala scatter collage inside the mantle, this doily will be at the top, and the 5 inch size fits in better with the other ones I’ve made so far. (The first version was 4.5 inches, and just a little small).
There’s only one more thread color (cream) that I haven’t used yet. That will make one more larger sized doily, then I will use all the thread I have left to make smaller ones, repeating some of the patterns, and then the final assembly. I can hardly wait!